This Monday, August 31st, St. John is holding their next public town meeting at Lake Central High School starting at 7pm in which they will be going over quite a few important topics. There will be lengthy discussion and details going into the results of the community survey that was sent out earlier last this month to review what improvements and plans the town will be aiming to focus on for the upcoming years. There will be discussion on the planning goals, based on survey results, which will break into more idea building for the improvement of the town of St. John, IN.
Who can attend the St. John Public Meeting?
Anyone. If you are interested in learning more about the town then it is definitely recommended you come and take part in the meeting.
St. John Public Meeting Overview
- 7:00 PM – Sign-in (LGI Room – signs will be located at the building entrance and along the hallways to direct meeting attendees to the room)
- 7:15 – 7:45 PM – the Plan Consultant (Solomon Cordwell Buenz) will present an overview of the process for the Comprehensive Plan Update, which will include the following topics:
- St. John Today – Snapshot of the Community
- Overview of Community Survey Results
- Discussion of Planning Goals
- Preliminary Comprehensive Plan Recommendations
- 7:45 – 8:15 PM – Question & Answers
- 8:15 – 9:00 PM – Participants invited to move to the adjacent hall to continue the discussion, provide comments on posters, and see more detail about the survey results. St. John Economic Development Committee members, Town staff, or Solomon Cordwell Buenz staff will be located at each poster to answer questions and collect comments.